Gesher Chai is an international program that bridges the two distinct communities of Baltimore and Ashkelon through their schools. In Baltimore, nine day and congregational schools are connected with nine schools in our Israeli sister city, Ashkelon. The program, which launched locally in 2005, is funded by THE ASSOCIATED’s Baltimore Ashkelon-Partnership>>
Through a series of informal educational programs, students and faculty from both the Baltimore and Ashkelon communities learn about each other. Meaningful personal relationships are developed through on-going communication. These relationships often blossom into valued friendships, maintained long after the official program has come to a close.
Beth Tfiloh preschool students recently created cards to send to their Gesher Chai sister school, Gan Tali during Operation Pillar of Defense.
Current Gesher Chai Schools:
- The Day School at Baltimore Hebrew and Cochav HaTzafon
- Beth Tfiloh Dahan Community School and Omanuyot
- Beth Tfiloh Preschool and Gan Tali
- Beth Israel Joseph and Corinne Schwartz Hebrew School and The Harel School
- Krieger Schechter Middle School and Makif Dalet
- Temple Oheb Shalom Learning Ladder and Gan Shikma
- Ohr Chadash Academy and Madaim
- Shoshana S. Cardin School and ORT Afridar
- Rabbi Gustav and Sheila Buchdahl Religious School of Temple Emanuel and Rotem
For more information, please contact Leora Pushett at 410-735-5026 or firstname.lastname@example.org